The AmiBroker code has been manually tweaked and profiled to maximize performance while minimizing size. Smaller code runs much quicker because it can fit into CPU on-chip caches.
AmiBroker is written in C++ (compiled to machine code), the same language in which operating systems are written. It runs natively on the CPU without need of any kind of virtual machine or byte-code interpreter, unlike Java or .NET programs. The fact that the CPU runs native machine code allows achieving maximum execution speed. The AFL language can process as much as 166 million data bars per second on 2GHz CPU, see this for details.
The AmiBroker code has been hand optimized and profiled to gain maximum speed and minimize size. Small code runs many times faster because it is able to fit into CPU on-chip caches. Full setup program with example databases and help files is just about 6 (six) megabytes, half of that is documentation and data. The executables alone (.exe and .dll libraries) are just 3.5 MB. In today’s world of bloatware we are proud to deliver probably the most compact technical analysis application.
- Test your trading system on multiple securities using realistic account constraints and common portfolio equity.
- Trade portfolios to decrease risk/reward ratio.
- Find out how changing the number of simultaneous positions and using different money management affects your trading system performance.
- Use current portfolio equity (sum of cash and all simultaneously opened positions value) to calculate new trade size, or use any other position sizing method by specifying dollar value or number of contracts/shares.
- Position size can be constant or changing trade-by-trade.
- You can change built-in report charts, create your own equity, drawdown charts, create your own tables in the report, add custom metrics.
- Prepare yourself for difficult market conditions.
- Check worst-case scenarios and probability of ruin.
- Take insight into statistical properties of your trading system
- System Design & Testing
- True Portfolio-Level Backtesting
- Dynamic portfolio-level position sizing
- Blazing fast speed
- Multiple symbol data access
- Multiple time-frames and multiple currencies in one system
- Scaling in/out (pyramiding) and rebalancing
- Scoring & ranking
- Rotational trading
- Flexible built-in stops
- Optimization & Validation
- True Portfolio-Level Optimization
- Exhaustive or Smart Optimization
- Fast! and eye-pleasing
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Walk-Forward testing
- Object-oriented Drawing tools
- Drag-and-drop indicator creation
- Referencing multiple symbol data in one chart
- Chart Playback
- Symbol & Interval linking
- Instant switching of intervals
- Excel-like, multiple chart sheets
- Real-time features
- Multiple data-source support
- Multi-page Real-Time quote window
- Unlimited Time Sales windows
- High-Low rank bar charts
- Bid-Ask trend indicator
- Programming features
- Fast array and matrix processing
- Concise language means less work
- Built-in debugger
- State-of-the-art code editor
Who Is This Software For?
- Traders who want to take advantage of technology.
- Traders who have different demands in trading.
RELATED COURSESVIEW ALL
Pattern, Price & Time. Using Gann Theory in Trading Systems (2nd Ed.) – James A.HyerczykPattern, Price & Time. Using Gann Theory in Trading Systems (2nd Ed.) – James A.HyerczykUpdate 03 Nov 2022All LevelsDOWNLOAD
Pattern, Price & Time. Using Gann Theory in Trading Systems (2nd Ed.) – James A.Hyerczyk presents a straightforward overview of Gann Theory, its basic principles, and its proper applications in creating profitable trading systems.Add to wishlist
Larry Connors – The Best of the Professional Traders Journal. Options Trading and Volatility TradingLarry Connors – The Best of the Professional Traders Journal. Options Trading and Volatility TradingUpdate 07 Nov 2022All LevelsDOWNLOAD
The Best of the Professional Traders Journal: Options Trading and Volatility Trading teaches you how not to lose money like the other 97% of options traders. With this course, you will be able to move the odds decidedly in your favor for higher profitabilityAdd to wishlist
Super Timing. W.D.Ganns Astrological Method – Myles Wilson WalkerSuper Timing. W.D.Ganns Astrological Method – Myles Wilson WalkerUpdate 04 Nov 2022AdvancedDOWNLOAD
Super Timing. W.D.Ganns Astrological Method by Myles Wilson Walker talks on an extraordinary side of trading – astrology, revealing the secrets for success.Add to wishlist
Strategy Factory Workshop – Kevin Davey (Version 2016)Strategy Factory Workshop – Kevin Davey (Version 2016)Update 06 Nov 2022All LevelsDOWNLOAD
This course is an ultimate trading course for retail algorithmic traders who are habitually losing money, in lack of confidence, or fearful their trading systems lack an edge.Add to wishlist
LR Thomas – Trading Forex High ROI ScalpingLR Thomas – Trading Forex High ROI ScalpingUpdate 07 Nov 2022BeginnerDOWNLOAD
Trading Forex High ROI Scalping – LR Thomas is designed exclusively for scalpers. The course introduces to you multiple trading systems in order to increase your ROI for maximal profits.Add to wishlist
The Advanced Forex Price Action Techniques – ForexmentorThe Advanced Forex Price Action Techniques – ForexmentorUpdate 11 Nov 2022All LevelsDOWNLOAD
The Advanced Forex Price Action Techniques course offers a good solid approach to trading the Forex market that I and other professional traders have been using for years.Add to wishlist