Advanced LBO Modeling – Wall Street Prep
Advanced LBO Modeling by Wall Street Prep presents a complete walkthrough of how to build a complicated LBO model from scratch. It covers the fundamentals and advanced concepts through instructions on the whole process.
Advanced LBO Modeling by Wall Street Prep covers the basic concepts of LBO, common deal structures, and existing industry dynamics. Also, it deep dives into the process of modeling, common mistakes, and effective solutions. Once you build a solid foundation, you will learn advanced topics of purchase price allocation and deferred taxes in acquisitions.
Introduction to LBOs and recaps
- Understanding concepts: Working through an LBO on a cocktail napkin
- What is the current financing and valuation environment?
- What are key industry benchmarks?
- LBO capital structure: TLs, Bonds, Mezz, Preferred, Bridge Loans, and Equity
The Structure of PE Firms & Investor Dynamics
- How PE funds work and where they fit in the financial system
- GP vs LP dynamics
- PE Economics: The distribution waterfall
LBO model development
- Setting up the initial valuation and general assumptions
- Calculating diluted shares
- Building the Sources & Uses schedule: Build a heavy-duty, yet flexible, sources & uses of funds schedule; Make adjustments in one place – watch it flow error-free throughout the entire model.
- Line-by-line build-up and forecasting of the income statement and working capital schedules
- Modeling LBO debt
- Term loan A/B/C– Modeling mandatory amortization as well as cash sweeps
- Revolver – Automatic cash sweep, minimum cash balance, and maximum borrowing capacity
- Pricing matrix driven off LIBOR spot rates + spread
- Senior and Sub Notes – Modeling PIK vs Cash interest
- Preferred stock – Allowing for equity kickers
- LBO returns and exit analysis for all providers of capital:
- Sponsor equity and management rollover
- Lenders and preferreds
- LBO modeling best practices
- Circularity breaker and error trapping – no more DIV#0 and REF#!
- Building key sensitivities into model outputs
Advanced LBO modeling
- Building PIK toggles into debt tranches
- Layering a Pro Forma 3 Statement Model on the LBO Analysis
- Key balance sheet adjustments in an LBO
- Advanced Purchase Price Allocation (PPA) modeling (Goodwill; Asset write-ups; Deferred taxes created in the deal)
- Toggling between LBO and recapitalization accounting treatment
- Creating a switch for Asset sale/338 vs Stock Sale tax treatment
- Modeling dividend recaps
- Attaching a DCF analysis to an LBO model
What Will You Learn?
- Deep dives into the operation of an LBO/Recapitalization according to today’s standards and credit environment.
- How to build a LBO model having “industrial strength”.
- The integration of switches for LBO vs. Recap accounting treatment.
- Effective approaches to model Senior, Revolver, Sub, Mezzanine, and preferred stocks.
- How to install a PIK toggle to various debt tranches.
- The integration of cash sweep functionality with term loan debt tranches.
- Proper how-tos to schedule sources and uses (S&U).
- The analysis and sensitization of IRRs for sponsors, preferreds, and management.
- How to develop a model with complicated accounting adjustments, such as deferred taxes, fair value write-ups, etc.
- Building up your confidence in acing your private equity interviews.
Who Is This Course For?
The professionals who want to sharpen their modeling skills through the fundamentals and advanced concepts will find this course helpful.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
RELATED COURSESVIEW ALL
The DNA of Successful Trading Course
The Squeeze Pro System : How to Catch Bigger and Faster Squeezes More Often – Simplertrading
$1,497.00The Squeeze Pro System : How to Catch Bigger and Faster Squeezes More Often – SimplertradingUpdate Jun 22
John Carter’s revolutionary Squeeze Pro System predicts heads-up signals, providing investors a competitive advantage in the market and allowing them to generate higher trading gains.Add to wishlist
Price Action Manipulation™ Course Level 2 – Piranha Profits
$897.00Price Action Manipulation™ Course Level 2 – Piranha ProfitsUpdate Jul 22
This course sheds light on the application guidelines of this method to many trading instruments and time frames. The real key to high profitability is your understanding of the market you trade in, whether it is a short or long time frame.Add to wishlist
The Power of Position Sizing Strategies: SQN Secrets Revealed – Vantharp Institute$194.97The Power of Position Sizing Strategies: SQN Secrets Revealed – Vantharp InstituteUpdate Jun 22
The Power of Position Sizing Strategies: SQN Secrets Revealed empowers you to approach all financial targets thanks to developing position sizing strategies and technical analysis.Add to wishlist
Volume Breakout System (Elite Version) – Simpler Trading$79.00Volume Breakout System (Elite Version) – Simpler TradingUpdate Jun 22Beginner
Volume Breakout System Elite Package teaches the fundamentals and great tips for futures trading. Instructions on techniques and strategies are combined with case studies and recorded live trading sessions. So, you can see the effects of strategies you learn through the lens of reality!Add to wishlist
Price Action Trading Vol.1 – Fractal Flow Pro$19.00Price Action Trading Vol.1 – Fractal Flow ProUpdate Jun 22Advanced
Price Action Trading Vol.1 by Fractal Flow Pro helps traders end their messy way of performing trade. The course also illustrates the right mindset and how to keep yourself calm while trading.Add to wishlist