Advanced LBO Modeling by Wall Street Prep presents a complete walkthrough of how to build a complicated LBO model from scratch. It covers the fundamentals and advanced concepts through instructions on the whole process.
Advanced LBO Modeling by Wall Street Prep covers the basic concepts of LBO, common deal structures, and existing industry dynamics. Also, it deep dives into the process of modeling, common mistakes, and effective solutions. Once you build a solid foundation, you will learn advanced topics of purchase price allocation and deferred taxes in acquisitions.
Introduction to LBOs and recaps
- Understanding concepts: Working through an LBO on a cocktail napkin
- What is the current financing and valuation environment?
- What are key industry benchmarks?
- LBO capital structure: TLs, Bonds, Mezz, Preferred, Bridge Loans, and Equity
The Structure of PE Firms & Investor Dynamics
- How PE funds work and where they fit in the financial system
- GP vs LP dynamics
- PE Economics: The distribution waterfall
LBO model development
- Setting up the initial valuation and general assumptions
- Calculating diluted shares
- Building the Sources & Uses schedule: Build a heavy-duty, yet flexible, sources & uses of funds schedule; Make adjustments in one place – watch it flow error-free throughout the entire model.
- Line-by-line build-up and forecasting of the income statement and working capital schedules
- Modeling LBO debt
- Term loan A/B/C– Modeling mandatory amortization as well as cash sweeps
- Revolver – Automatic cash sweep, minimum cash balance, and maximum borrowing capacity
- Pricing matrix driven off LIBOR spot rates + spread
- Senior and Sub Notes – Modeling PIK vs Cash interest
- Preferred stock – Allowing for equity kickers
- LBO returns and exit analysis for all providers of capital:
- Sponsor equity and management rollover
- Lenders and preferreds
- LBO modeling best practices
- Circularity breaker and error trapping – no more DIV#0 and REF#!
- Building key sensitivities into model outputs
Advanced LBO modeling
- Building PIK toggles into debt tranches
- Layering a Pro Forma 3 Statement Model on the LBO Analysis
- Key balance sheet adjustments in an LBO
- Advanced Purchase Price Allocation (PPA) modeling (Goodwill; Asset write-ups; Deferred taxes created in the deal)
- Toggling between LBO and recapitalization accounting treatment
- Creating a switch for Asset sale/338 vs Stock Sale tax treatment
- Modeling dividend recaps
- Attaching a DCF analysis to an LBO model
What Will You Learn?
- Deep dives into the operation of an LBO/Recapitalization according to today’s standards and credit environment.
- How to build a LBO model having “industrial strength”.
- The integration of switches for LBO vs. Recap accounting treatment.
- Effective approaches to model Senior, Revolver, Sub, Mezzanine, and preferred stocks.
- How to install a PIK toggle to various debt tranches.
- The integration of cash sweep functionality with term loan debt tranches.
- Proper how-tos to schedule sources and uses (S&U).
- The analysis and sensitization of IRRs for sponsors, preferreds, and management.
- How to develop a model with complicated accounting adjustments, such as deferred taxes, fair value write-ups, etc.
- Building up your confidence in acing your private equity interviews.
Who Is This Course For?
The professionals who want to sharpen their modeling skills through the fundamentals and advanced concepts will find this course helpful.
Please Login/Register if you want to leave us some feedback to help us improve our services and products.
RELATED COURSESVIEW ALL
Portfolio Secrets – Andrea Unger
$997.00Portfolio Secrets – Andrea UngerUpdate 29 Jun 2022All Levels
Portfolio Secrets by Andrea Unger reveal the techniques and tools to spot profitable securities for your investments. The detailed guides come along with various cases for your reference!4h10m0.87GBAdd to wishlist
Fluent For Life – The Vault
$497.00Fluent For Life – The VaultUpdate 13 Jul 2022
No formal textbook. With just engaging endless hours of video and audio lessons, Fluent for Life – The Vault is a must-have for any student targeting fluency.Add to wishlist
Dr. Gary Dayton Collection – Trading Psychology Edge$259.75Dr. Gary Dayton Collection – Trading Psychology EdgeUpdate 29 Jun 2022
Dr. Gary Dayton Collection will equip you with both technical and emotional skills for profitable trading. With this course, you will learn all the best practices of chart reading skills as well as how to control your emotions to make the most profits out of each trade.Add to wishlist
13 Market Moves – Bundle and Save (5 Courses in 1 Pack)
$2,995.0013 Market Moves – Bundle and Save (5 Courses in 1 Pack)Update 18 Jul 2022
Joining the 13 Market Moves Formula course, you may now be effective by trading on days with a high possibility of success. You will be able to avoid days when the odds are stacked against you, giving you more time to spend enjoying your family and doing other things you like!Add to wishlist
The Bookkeeping Business Accelerator – The Ambitious Bookkeeper
$1,997.00The Bookkeeping Business Accelerator – The Ambitious BookkeeperUpdate 15 Jul 2022
This course teaches you the finest bookkeeping and accounting methods to help you establish your dream business. Sales and marketing tactics are covered in depth, as well as their implementation on-the-ground in real life.Add to wishlist
Complete 4-Book Course: Four-Dimensional & Market Science Volumes I & II – Bradley F. Cowan
$399.00Complete 4-Book Course: Four-Dimensional & Market Science Volumes I & II – Bradley F. CowanUpdate 18 Jul 2022
Complete 4-Book Course: Four-Dimensional And Market Science Volumes I & II by Bradley F. Cowan guides you on the Geometry and Cycle analysis and other aspects. So, your technical analysis becomes much more effective.Add to wishlist
There are no reviews yet.