Pairs Trading reveals the secrets of this rigorous quantitative analysis program to provide individuals and investment houses with the tools.
Pairs trading is a market-neutral strategy in its most simple form. The strategy involves being long (or bullish) on one asset and short (or bearish) on another. If properly performed, the investor will gain if the market rises or falls. Pairs Trading reveals the secrets of this rigorous quantitative analysis program to provide individuals and investment houses with the tools they need to successfully implement and profit from this proven trading methodology.
PART ONE: BACKGROUND MATERIAL.
- Chapter 1. Introduction.
- The CAPM Model.
- Market Neutral Strategy.
- Pairs Trading.
- Chapter 2. Time Series.
- Time Series Models.
- The goodness of Fit versus Bias.
- Model Choice.
- Modeling Stock Prices.
- Chapter 3. Factor Models.
- Arbitrage Pricing Theory.
- The Covariance Matrix.
- Application: Calculating the Risk on a Portfolio.
- Application: Calculation of Portfolio Beta.
- Application: Tracking Basket Design.
- Sensitivity Analysis.
- Chapter 4. Kalman Filtering.
- The Kalman Filter.
- The Scalar Kalman Filter.
- Filtering the Random Walk.
- Application: Example with the Standard & Poor Index.
PART TWO: STATISTICAL ARBITRAGE.
- Chapter 5. Overview.
- Applying the Model.
- A Trading Strategy.
- Road Map for Strategy Design.
- Chapter 6. Pairs Selection in Equity Markets.
- Common Trends Cointegration Model.
- Common Trends Model and APT.
- The Distance Measure.
- Interpreting the Distance Measure.
- Reconciling Theory and Practice.
- Chapter 7. Testing for Tradability.
- The Linear Relationship.
- Estimating the Linear Relationship: The Multifactor Approach.
- Estimating the Linear Relationship: The Regression Approach.
- Testing Residual for Tradability.
- Chapter 8. Trading Design.
- Band Design for White Noise.
- Spread Dynamics.
- Nonparametric Approach.
- Tying Up Loose Ends.
PART THREE: RISK ARBITRAGE PAIRS.
- Chapter 9. Risk Arbitrage Mechanics.
- The Deal Process.
- Transaction Terms.
- The Deal Spread.
- Trading Strategy.
- Quantitative Aspects.
- Chapter 10. Trade Execution.
- Specifying the Order.
- Verifying the Execution.
- Execution During the Pricing Period.
- Short Selling.
- Chapter 11. The Market Implied Merger Probability.
- Implied Probabilities and Arrow-Debreu Theory.
- The Single-Step Model.
- The Multistep Model.
- Reconciling Theory and Practice.
- Risk Management.
- Chapter 12. Spread Inversion.
- The Prediction Equation.
- The Observation Equation.
- Applying the Kalman Filter.
- Model Selection.
Applications to Trading.
What Will You Learn?
- Learn specific and tested formulas for identifying and investing in pairs
- How to implement and profit from the proven trading methodology
- Know what ratio should be used to construct the pairs properly
Who Is This Course For?
Pairs Trading: Quantitative Methods & Analysis is for all traders who want to learn to study technical analysis.
RELATED COURSESVIEW ALL
A to Z Fibonacci Analysis – Carolyn BorodenA to Z Fibonacci Analysis – Carolyn BorodenUpdate 09 Nov 2022All LevelsDOWNLOAD
Fibonacci Trading is a one-stop shop for dependable tools and clear explanations for both identifying and profiting from the trade settings that naturally occur within the markets, allowing you to achieve the maximum rate of profitable trades.Add to wishlist
Introduction to Position Sizing Strategies – Van Tharp InstituteIntroduction to Position Sizing Strategies – Van Tharp InstituteUpdate 02 Nov 2022DOWNLOAD
If you are having difficulty assessing and minimizing your trading risks, then you want a practical method to understand risk and learn how to reduce losses. This Introduction to Position Sizing Strategies course by Van Tharp Institute is unquestionably for youAdd to wishlist
Complete Book Set (kanetrading.com) – Jim KaneComplete Book Set (kanetrading.com) – Jim KaneUpdate 03 Nov 2022IntermediateDOWNLOAD
Complete Book Set (kanetrading.com) – Jim Kane outlines eight distinct techniques, with multiple variations, in order to provide a multiplicity of choices for the trader.Add to wishlist
Michele – Trade on the FlyMichele – Trade on the FlyUpdate 07 Nov 2022BeginnerDOWNLOAD
Trade on the Fly by Michele walks you through specific tips as well as technical analysis for a perfect swing trading plan.Add to wishlist
Pristine Stock Trading Method – Greg CapraPristine Stock Trading Method – Greg CapraUpdate 02 Nov 2022All LevelsDOWNLOAD
Pristine Stock Trading Method by Greg Capra providing comprehensive training using online trading courses, seminars and webinars to teach multiple strategies and stock market technical analysis.Add to wishlist
5 Technical Signals You Should Not Trade Without (4 CDs) – Toni Hansen5 Technical Signals You Should Not Trade Without (4 CDs) – Toni HansenUpdate 17 Nov 2022All LevelsDOWNLOAD
5 Technical Signals You Should Not Trade Without (4 CDs) – Toni Hansen reveals the five most powerful tools he relies on every day in order to calculate the odds on each and every trade that he personally takes.Add to wishlist