Basic Package by Wall Street Prep teaches you the crucial basics to build a 3-statement model from scratch. The best practices and a standard process will be what you can expect through 13 chapters of this course.
Basic Package by Wall Street Prep presents the process of building a 3-statement model from A to Z. Through this course, you can input historical data and assumptions about financial statements to develop an efficient model. It serves as a solid foundation for financial statement modeling.
Chapter 1: Overview
- Excel Settings for Modeling
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- The Boost Excel Add-In
Chapter 2: Financial Modeling Best Practices
- Formatting Conventions
- Modeling Best Practices
- Naming, Linking & Deleting Cells
- Model Structure
Chapter 3: Preparing for the Case Study
- Gathering Documents for Modeling (the “PIB”)
- Apple Case Study Introduction
Chapter 4: The Income Statement
- Modeling the Historical Income Statement, Part 1
- Modeling the Historical Income Statement, Part 2
- Introduction to Forecasting
- Segment-Level Revenue Forecasting
- Operations Forecasting
Chapter 5: Forecasting the Balance Sheet: Working Capital
- Inputting the Historical Balance Sheet
- Working Capital Forecasting & Roll-Forward Mechanics
- Accounts Receivable, Part 1
- Accounts Receivable, Part 2
- Accounts Payable
- Accrued Expenses & Deferred Revenue
Chapter 6: Long Term Assets & Liabilities
- Intangible Assets
- Modeling Intangible Assets
- Modeling PP&E
- Other Balance Sheet Assets
- Modeling Other Current Assets
- Deferred Tax Assets
- Deferred Tax Liabilities
- Other Liabilities
- Modeling Deferred Taxes & Other Balance Sheet Items
Chapter 7: Debt
- Modeling Debt
Chapter 8: Balance Sheet Equity
- Capital Stock
- Modeling Capital Stock
- Treasury Stock
- Modeling Treasury Stock
- Retained Earnings and OCI
- Modeling Retained Earnings
- Modeling Other Comprehensive Income
- Linking Schedules Back to the Balance Sheet
Chapter 9: The Cash Flow Statement
- Cash Flow Statement Introductions
- Review: The Cash Flow Statement
- Cash From Operations
- Modeling Cash from Operations
- Cash From Investing & Other Financing Activities
- Modeling Cash from Investing & Other Financing Activities
- The Lemonade Stand
Chapter 10: The Model Plugs: Revolver & Cash
- Understanding the Role of the Revolver in Financial Models
- Modeling the Revolver
- Modeling Interest Income
- Dealing with Circularities in Financial Models
Chapter 11: Earnings Per Share
- Modeling EPS
Chapter 12: Finishing Touches
- Integrity Checking & Balancing the Model
- Sensitivity Analysis Using Data Tables
- Scenario Analysis
Chapter 13: Deeper Dives
- Depreciation Waterfall
What Will You Learn?
- Effective Excel shortcuts and functions in financial modeling.
- Best practices of Excel settings and formatting in financial models.
- The creation of model plugs via the revolver and cash sweep.
- How to handle circularities in the model.
- How to develop a fully integrated 3-statement model through the established projecting and schedule conventions.
- How to balance the model and insert automatic checks.
- How to conduct powerful sensitivity and scenario analysis.
- How to detect errors, accuracy, and integrity of models.
Who Is This Course For?
Basic Package by Wall Street Prep is for those who are interested in making a financial model for banks and want to build up a strong base of fundamentals.
RELATED COURSESVIEW ALL
Simplertrading – The Squeeze Pro System: How to Catch Bigger and Faster Squeezes More Often (Elite For ThinkorSwim TOS)
$1,297.00Simplertrading – The Squeeze Pro System: How to Catch Bigger and Faster Squeezes More Often (Elite For ThinkorSwim TOS)Update 27 Jun 2022Intermediate
The Squeeze Pro System Elite by Simplertrading guides you on how to catch bigger and faster squeezes with over twice the live-trading profit potential.Add to wishlist
Technical Stock Trading of Live Trader – Jared Wesley
$497.00Technical Stock Trading of Live Trader – Jared WesleyUpdate 26 Sep 2022All Levels
Technical Stock Trading by Jared Wesley is booming with an incredible number of trading learners worldwide, boasting thousands of income per week.Add to wishlist
Self Study Programs Premium Package – Wall Street Prep
$499.00Self Study Programs Premium Package – Wall Street PrepUpdate 21 Sep 2022All Levels
Self Study Programs Premium Package by Wall Street Prep provides a step-by-step guide on financial statement modeling along with real case studies. So, both students and professionals find the course’s content understandable and practical.Add to wishlist
War Room Technicals Vol. 1 – Trick Trades$40.00War Room Technicals Vol. 1 – Trick TradesUpdate 21 Sep 2022All Levels
War Room Technicals Vol. 1 by Trick Trades explains basic techniques and frameworks that a trader should learn. So, they can enjoy high profits without costly pitfalls. Coherent instructions come along with illustrated case studies and examples.Add to wishlist
Master Class (Online Class) Recording New 2019 – Oil Trading Academy
$500.00Master Class (Online Class) Recording New 2019 – Oil Trading AcademyUpdate 19 Sep 2022
Master Class (Online Class) Recording New 2019 of Oil Trading Academy is intended for those who want to upgrade to the revelations about all three codes.Add to wishlist
Stock Trading Course Level 1 (Profit Snapper™) – Piranha Profits