Basic Package by Wall Street Prep teaches you the crucial basics to build a 3-statement model from scratch. The best practices and a standard process will be what you can expect through 13 chapters of this course.
Basic Package by Wall Street Prep presents the process of building a 3-statement model from A to Z. Through this course, you can input historical data and assumptions about financial statements to develop an efficient model. It serves as a solid foundation for financial statement modeling.
Chapter 1: Overview
- Excel Settings for Modeling
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- The Boost Excel Add-In
Chapter 2: Financial Modeling Best Practices
- Formatting Conventions
- Modeling Best Practices
- Naming, Linking & Deleting Cells
- Model Structure
Chapter 3: Preparing for the Case Study
- Gathering Documents for Modeling (the “PIB”)
- Apple Case Study Introduction
Chapter 4: The Income Statement
- Modeling the Historical Income Statement, Part 1
- Modeling the Historical Income Statement, Part 2
- Introduction to Forecasting
- Segment-Level Revenue Forecasting
- Operations Forecasting
Chapter 5: Forecasting the Balance Sheet: Working Capital
- Inputting the Historical Balance Sheet
- Working Capital Forecasting & Roll-Forward Mechanics
- Accounts Receivable, Part 1
- Accounts Receivable, Part 2
- Accounts Payable
- Accrued Expenses & Deferred Revenue
Chapter 6: Long Term Assets & Liabilities
- Intangible Assets
- Modeling Intangible Assets
- Modeling PP&E
- Other Balance Sheet Assets
- Modeling Other Current Assets
- Deferred Tax Assets
- Deferred Tax Liabilities
- Other Liabilities
- Modeling Deferred Taxes & Other Balance Sheet Items
Chapter 7: Debt
- Modeling Debt
Chapter 8: Balance Sheet Equity
- Capital Stock
- Modeling Capital Stock
- Treasury Stock
- Modeling Treasury Stock
- Retained Earnings and OCI
- Modeling Retained Earnings
- Modeling Other Comprehensive Income
- Linking Schedules Back to the Balance Sheet
Chapter 9: The Cash Flow Statement
- Cash Flow Statement Introductions
- Review: The Cash Flow Statement
- Cash From Operations
- Modeling Cash from Operations
- Cash From Investing & Other Financing Activities
- Modeling Cash from Investing & Other Financing Activities
- The Lemonade Stand
Chapter 10: The Model Plugs: Revolver & Cash
- Understanding the Role of the Revolver in Financial Models
- Modeling the Revolver
- Modeling Interest Income
- Dealing with Circularities in Financial Models
Chapter 11: Earnings Per Share
- Modeling EPS
Chapter 12: Finishing Touches
- Integrity Checking & Balancing the Model
- Sensitivity Analysis Using Data Tables
- Scenario Analysis
Chapter 13: Deeper Dives
- Depreciation Waterfall
What Will You Learn?
- Effective Excel shortcuts and functions in financial modeling.
- Best practices of Excel settings and formatting in financial models.
- The creation of model plugs via the revolver and cash sweep.
- How to handle circularities in the model.
- How to develop a fully integrated 3-statement model through the established projecting and schedule conventions.
- How to balance the model and insert automatic checks.
- How to conduct powerful sensitivity and scenario analysis.
- How to detect errors, accuracy, and integrity of models.
Who Is This Course For?
Basic Package by Wall Street Prep is for those who are interested in making a financial model for banks and want to build up a strong base of fundamentals.
Please Login/Register if you want to leave us some feedback to help us improve our services and products.
RELATED COURSESVIEW ALL
Complete 4-Book Course: Four-Dimensional & Market Science Volumes I & II – Bradley F. Cowan
$399.00Complete 4-Book Course: Four-Dimensional & Market Science Volumes I & II – Bradley F. CowanUpdate 18 Jul 2022
Complete 4-Book Course: Four-Dimensional And Market Science Volumes I & II by Bradley F. Cowan guides you on the Geometry and Cycle analysis and other aspects. So, your technical analysis becomes much more effective.Add to wishlist
Small Account Secrets (Basic) – Simpler Trading
$497.00Small Account Secrets (Basic) – Simpler TradingUpdate 26 Sep 2022Beginner
Small Account Secrets (Basic) by Simpler Trading shows you that the markets are fair and even smaller accounts have their chances to make profits.Add to wishlist
War Room Technicals Vol. 3 – Trick Trades
$447.00War Room Technicals Vol. 3 – Trick TradesUpdate 15 Jul 2022
This course shares the comprehensive guidelines on the development of powerful strategies based on the understanding of technical analysis. The practical application guidelines are combined with many different situations of real trading.Add to wishlist
Bear Market Strategies eLearning Course – Van Tharp Institute
$1,497.00Bear Market Strategies eLearning Course – Van Tharp InstituteUpdate 29 Jun 2022Intermediate
Bear Market Strategies eLearning Course by Van Tharp Institute demonstrates recognizing bearish patterns and the best preparation to maintain profitability.10h55m7.4GBAdd to wishlist
THE FOOTPRINT EDGE COURSE – AXIA FUTURES
$1,000.00THE FOOTPRINT EDGE COURSE – AXIA FUTURESUpdate 28 Jun 2022Intermediate
The Footprint Edge course by Axia Futures teaches you through the trading tactics used in futures trading using old methods and new methods. Taking advantage of this Footprint Edge, traders can make sharp predictions while trading which will help them expand their knowledge and skills as they engage in active futures trading.25h2m21.4GBAdd to wishlist
Weekly Wires Elite Package 2022 – John Carter
$1,297.00Weekly Wires Elite Package 2022 – John CarterUpdate 28 Jun 2022
Weekly Wires Elite Package 2022 boasts an inside look into how John Carter manages his multi-million dollar account using the exact strategies he teaches you in his videos. This course will fill your account with consistent cash flow week after week!Add to wishlist
There are no reviews yet.