Accelerate your practice skills through the course Trauma, PTSD & Traumatic Grief by Jennifer Sweeton
Upon completion of this training program, you will be equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to help traumatized individuals. Jennifer Sweeton’s course, Trauma, PTSD & Traumatic Grief, teaches you about the current state-of-the-art in traumatic stress therapy and its essential components. Use the Three-Stage Consensus Model and traumatic experiences to construct tailored treatment programs for your clients by taking home assessment items that measure their symptoms and progress.
Take part in live practice sessions of various brain rewiring strategies that may help traumatized clients heal from trauma and build resilience after trauma during the Trauma, PTSD & Traumatic Grief program. Also learn about the uniqueness of traumatic sorrow and how to deal with traumatic grief using a number of trauma-based therapies. Use evidence-based therapeutic strategies to help clients heal from trauma, desensitize and reprocess their traumatized memories, and aid them in reconnecting to a life of hope, connection, and accomplishment.
Jeniffer Swweton’s course Trauma, PTSD, and Traumatic Grief examines a wide range of evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment options. Your training will include evidence-based strategies as well as multimodal therapies to treat the full person. Addiction counselors, case managers, clergy, counselors, marriage and family therapists, nurses, psychologists, social workers and other mental health professionals can substantially benefit from this training.
Overview of what you will walk away with from this course Trauma, PTSD & Traumatic Grief by Jennifer Sweeton
- Using several evaluation methodologies, describe the origin and consequences of traumatic stress on the client.
- Recognize trauma’s neurophysiological impacts on the brain.
- Identify the four active components that aid in the healing process.
- Demonstrate a range of therapeutic options in order to appropriately select the one that best fits the client’s current stage of trauma experience.
- Recognize the biopsychosocial and spiritual symptoms of trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder, and traumatic grieving across the three stages of trauma recovery.
- Recognize and strengthen your own trauma exposure reaction.
A brief description of your instructor Jennifer Sweeton
An globally known specialist in trauma, anxiety, and the neuroscience of mental health, Dr. Jennifer Sweeton is a licensed clinical psychologist. It has been over a decade since Dr. Sweeton began employing EMDR and other memory reconsolidation procedures to treat people with PTSD and complicated trauma, as well as those who are resistant to traditional treatments for their anxiety disorders. While at Stanford University School of Medicine, she finished her PhD coursework in psychology and the National Center for Traumatic Stress Disorders (NCTSD). Stanford University and Harvard University both awarded her a master’s degree in emotional neuroscience.