Play & Language: The Roots of Literacy by Carol Westby, correlates play, social functioning, language and literacy
Play & Language: The Roots of Literacy by Carol Westby shares with you illuminating insights into different dimensions, such as socialisation, language, play and literacy. The knowledge mentioned in this course is the correlation between all these aspects, which contributes to the development of children. The solid foundation is shown with the detailed walk-through of fundamentals of dynamic system theories, cognitive-play-literacy relationship, etc.
Subsequently, you learn about the effects on the development of your children, and the adaptation guidelines to program the learning curriculums and methods of teaching and facilitating children, which can help you reach their potential. The frameworks you learn in the Play & Language: The Roots of Literacy are the outcomes of 40 – year research developed by Carol Westby. The time – tested methods are based on the core of essential factors, rather than the bluffing and grandstanding talkings. If you would like to know about how to unlock the milestone in the development of a child, Play & Language: The Roots of Literacy by Carol Westby is a great suggestion.
Overview of what you achieve in the Play & Language: The Roots of Literacy by Carol Westby:
- Walk through the correlation between social functioning, language, play and literacy, the methods of assessment and intervention.
- The patterns, in both neurotypical and atypical children, are pointed out in terms of social – emotional development.
- The variations of moods in children and the non – verbal communication.
- Insights into theory of mind dimension for empathy, the decontextualization dimension for the reduction of props in play, the thematic dimension about the clever pretend themes, organisation dimension about the sequels and planning of play.
- Adaptation to the promotion of literate-style language, and enhance self-awareness through play, and so on.
- And so much more!
About Carol Westby
Carol Westby has been known for her striking research and illuminating insights into the assessment of play for the contribution to the development of children. Carol Westby is the woman behind the foundation of the well – known Westby Symbolic Play Scale, for much more understanding about the correlation between play skills and children’s social skills. There are many notable writings and research developed by Carol Westby, such as Project PLAY, theory of mind, and so on. Moreover, you can check out other works of Carol Westby, including Play & Language: Building Social-Emotional Skills and Self-Regulation, Developing Social-Emotional Skills & Self-Regulation in Students: Narrative Intervention for Long-Term Academic, Personal & Social Success!, Theory of Mind Interventions to Develop Social-Emotional Skills: Improve Social & Academic Success from Infancy Through Adolescence, Children with Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs): Interventions for the Caregiver & Child, and so on.
If you would like to have more information about Play & Language: The Roots of Literacy by Carol Westby, such as price, samples, etc. feel free to contact our support team via Email, Skype and Live chat on our website.